Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions are now available. Scroll down to see them.
Entry Deadline: June 1, 2023, 11p.m.
One dinner is included with registration for single handed, two for double handed. Moorage at Nanaimo Yacht Club included and we will endeavor to accomodate - register early!
-Dinner rolls with butter
-Chefs choice of salad selection
-Buttery Mashed Potatoes
-turkey with Stuffing
-cranberry Sauce and Horseradish
eggplant and zucchini lasagna. Layers of roasted vegetables with plant based cheeses and sun dried tomato sauce.
Cheese and Mousse Cakes
Selection of Pie with buttercream
Extra Dinner ticket $40 (taxes and gratuity included)
Sunday Breakfast: all in $15
A breakfast bun
Fruit cup or yogurt
Coffee station with To go cups and Starbucks coffee
Lunch bag (Sunday): $15 all in
Choice of sandwich
House made dessert square
Veggies and dip
SPECIAL RECOGNITION CATEGORIES: Novice, Old Salt, Ancient Mariner
NOVICE: If this is the FIRST time the SKIPPER is doing the race
OLD SALT: AGE 65-74
ANCIENT MARINER: AGE 75+
TEAMS: Minimum 3 boats from same yacht club. Must be declared the names of the boats 48 hours prior to the start of the regatta
FIRST PLACE FEMALE SINGLEHAND SKIPPER
BEST PREDICTED TIME
PHRF RATING: PLEASE INDICATE IF YOU ARE NFS (NO FLYING SAILS)
Results will be available from the WVYC Website
Email to participants May 29th from Regatta Chair:
- Send me an email if you change any of your registration data prior to the closing of the registration eg. predicted elapsed time of your crossing etc. Unfortunately, the software makes it extremely difficult for me to keep track of changes. You get bonus appreciation from me if you actually put the change in the email subject.
- Moorage assignments will be sent to you sometime this week: Rusty, the Operations Manager at Nanaimo Yacht Club for the Saturday night. WVYC Rear Commodore, Jack O'Hara, for those that requested pre race and/or post race moorage at WVYC. Please check your spam folder and monitor your emails.
Their emails are: email@example.com. RearCommodore@WVYC.ca
- Doublehand registration - many of you have not completed the registration - **Please add crew member name and emergency contact information. Do this by clicking on the +Sailor tab. We require this information for the safety tracking.
- A gentle and friendly reminder to read the Sailing Instructions now, know the start sequence, monitor VHF 68 and observe rule 7.4. Just saying.
- Bring cash to the NYC dinner for the 50:50 draw.
Click here to view the latest 2023 SINGLEHANDED/ DOUBLEHANDED RACE results.
2023 SINGLEHANDED/ DOUBLEHANDED RACE registrations.
Click here to view the crew list